top of page
ELS courses.jpg

A2 for (Spouse visa)

A2 for (Spouse visa)

It is a requirement for the Home Office to demonstrate that you have at least an A1 level of English for those applying for a ‘family of a settled person’ visa. This was previously known as ‘spouse or partner’ visa and is measured by the common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

To extend your Further Leave to Remain, 2.5 years into the 5 year visa, applicants will need to pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at CEFR level A2 in Speaking and Listening.
Applications made for ‘Further Leave to Remain’ (visa extension) will need the Level A2 English test.

Target Group

About the Course

In the A2 English test you will describe daily routines and times, understand and use present continuous tense, understand and use words and phrases about home life, places in your local area and Weather. You will also need to clearly pronounce words you have learnt, use short sentences and ask simple questions. All of this will be presented by the examiner.

How is this Course Delivered?

This course is offered in our ELS Centre where you can interact with our tutors and other Learners.

bottom of page